Hello Future Swimmers & Parents,
Greetings from Spring Branch ISD and Memorial High School! As a current, district Swim & Water Polo coach, I recognize and train talent. But I also support new learners and those who simply want to have fun learning, especially in swim and water polo!
My EXPECTATIONS for an athlete include not only that they perform to the best of their abilities, but also that they thrive with YOUR parental support and participation. Swimming remains one of the hardest, most competitive sports, but it teaches life lessons about setting goals and making sacrifices to achieve those goals. I believe that these lessons carry into everyday life, academic achievements, and into our work careers.
All I ask from our parents is to fully support their swimmer(s) but I politely request that a healthy distance be maintained with ALL the coaches during practices and swim meets. Please understand that if you want your swimmer(s) to improve, they will need time to learn new techniques, ask questions, attend practices as much as possible, and listen to the coaches that are currently in the trenches working with the latest nuances of the sport of swimming. Please keep your questions and concerns directed towards the coaches in a respectful tone and the coaches will do their best to answer them in the same manner, and as quickly as time permits.
Parents, please try to involve yourself in some way with the team to help our swimmers achieve their own sense of greatness this season. Thank you for allowing me to spend this short time coaching your young swimmer while they learn this fabulous sport!
My Swimming Career:
- UIL Texas State High School Swimming Champion (1st place, 100 yards Backstroke, 1986)
- Katy ISD District & Regional Champion (3 years in a row, 100 yards Backstroke, 1985-1987)
- Junior Nationals Finalist, 9th place (100- & 200-Yards Backstroke, 1985-1989)
- Texas A&M Swimming Scholarship, Lady Aggie Swimming, 1987-1989
- Southwest Conference Finalist (4th place, 200 yards Backstroke, & Medley Relay Team, backstroke leg), 1988
- USA Swimming, Olympic Trials Qualifier (100 meters Backstroke) 1988
- Master’s Swimming USS National Qualifier (100 meters Backstroke) 2004
- KATY ISD Athletic Hall of Honor Inductee for Swimming, 2017
My Background Training & Coaching:
- Memorial High School, Assistant Swim & Water Polo Coach, 3 years
- Bellaire High School, Head Swim Coach, 1 year
- West Briar Middle School, Head Swim Coach, 5 years
- Summer Leagues all over Houston: Villager Piranhas, Greenbriar, Memorial Parkway, Creekstone
- American Red Cross WSI, CPR, First Aid, AED, and EpiPen Certifications
- UIL Fundamentals of Coaching, Swim & WAPO Coaching, Steroid Prevention, Concussion Prevention
- USS Swimming Official Certification