New This Year - Half-Lappers
Little Sharks can now circle the waters like the big kids! The NFST “Half Lappers” program introduces our youngest swimmers to practicing with coaches, lane swimming, proper technique, and the competition environment without the obligations of league swimming. A Half Lapper is a “6 and under” swimmer who is gaining confidence in the pool, but not yet able to swim across the pool unassisted. Most 4-year-olds fit into this category and many 5 and 6s do as well.
- Must be at least 4 years old by April 30 of the current swim season, no exceptions.
- A Half Lapper is a 6 & under swimmer that is unable to swim the length of the pool unassisted in 60 seconds or less. This is in accordance with league rules.
- Half Lappers practice after school is dismissed for the summer.
- Half Lappers participate in the first event of HOME swim meets only.
- At the meet, Half Lappers swim one length of the pool (25 yards) with assistance from a coach.
- This program may be limited in size.